SALUTE, Inc. -- Honor The Service

Throughout 2010 I'm helping raise money and awareness for a wonderful military family support organization: SALUTE, INC.

As an endurance athlete I've come to appreciate nothing more than the freedom to swim, bike and run -- for fun and fitness.

I can enjoy these activities because there are Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Guardsmen out in the world ensuring my, and your, freedom to do so.

This is my, and your, chance to say thank you. SALUTE, INC., passionately pursues meeting the financial, physical and emotional needs of the military service members, veterans and their families.


Please Click Here to Donate

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Week Two -- A little Crazy

Well, Week Two didn't go off quite as smoothly as Week One. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were good. Thurday night into Friday morning we were up almost the entire night with a sick three year old. Friday night into Saturday morning, I was playing Super Dad while Heidi was out at her company holiday/anniversary party. Saturday the older two kids had a swim meet. Saturday night into Sunday, Heidi had a G.N.O that'd she's been trying to schedule for some time. Sunday morning was church and Sunday school. Sunday afternoon was spent shoveling snow and then sledding. Sunday evening brought more swim team coaching.

We all made it through unharmed. Some days, September feels like it's a long way off. Other days, it seems like it's just around the corner.

Here's my Week Two workout breakdown:

Monday, 1/5: Off Day.

Tuesday, 1/6: 3 mile run + core strength training.

Wednesday, 1/7: 1400 yard swim workout.

Thursday, 1/8: About an hour on the bike trainer doing drills and some interval work.

Friday, 1/9: I was supposed to swim, but after only sleeping from 11pm to 1am, and then from 4:30am to 5:30am, I opted for the extra hour of sleep from 5:30 to 6:30 instead of the swim.

Saturday, 1/10: 3 mile run + lower body and core strength training.

Sunday, 1/11: 20 miles on the bike trainer (mostly easy pedaling, with some interval work).

Overall, no complaints. After the some R&R time this fall and the holiday craziness, it's nice to be getting back in to a routine. I'm feeling good. On advice of a an IM veteran, I'm not trying to do too much too early. At this point I feel like I'm getting a good base in to lead me in to the Spring and Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment