SALUTE, Inc. -- Honor The Service

Throughout 2010 I'm helping raise money and awareness for a wonderful military family support organization: SALUTE, INC.

As an endurance athlete I've come to appreciate nothing more than the freedom to swim, bike and run -- for fun and fitness.

I can enjoy these activities because there are Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Guardsmen out in the world ensuring my, and your, freedom to do so.

This is my, and your, chance to say thank you. SALUTE, INC., passionately pursues meeting the financial, physical and emotional needs of the military service members, veterans and their families.


Please Click Here to Donate

Thursday, June 4, 2009

100 Days to Go!

The countdown contiunes:

Today is 100 days to IM Wisconsin!!!
Yeah! Yikes! Yeah!

Other good news:

It's Here! It's Here! The D6 is Here!!!

Pictures to follow. I'm going over to Campbell Street Bicycle Shop (http://www.campbellstreetbikes.com/) tonight to get the fit dialed in. The only dilemma is whether to give the new bike it's debut at the Rockman Half-IM Tri this weekend. If I can get some saddle time in Friday and Saturday, then it's game on for the new ride.

Week 23 Summary:

I'm continuing PT on my left calf. Between Lucas' torture sessions, electro-stim, and lots of ice and heat, my calf is loosening up and taking some strain off of my achilles. What a feeling. Yeah.

Mon., 5/25: Triple Brick Day -- 3 x (2o mile bike + 3 mile run).

Tues., 5/26: Bike drills and ladder on trainer.

Weds., 5/27: Swim day, short sprints, about 1600 yards.

Thurs., 5/28: Long run day -- the plan was to get the run in early in the AM (kids had late swim practice in the evening), but my sleep won out over the alarm clock. Zzzzzz. No run today.

Fri., 5/29: Swim day, 3200 yards.

Sat., 5/30: Bike, low gear, high RPM -- about 8 miles.

Sun., 5/31: Bike: 38 miles.

Overall an OK week. Woulda, coulda, shoulda made that long run on Thurs. Woulda, coulda, shoulda gone further on Sunday. Life happens! Picking up and moving on. So far I'm on track for this week. Rockman (http://www.rockmantri.com) this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment