SALUTE, Inc. -- Honor The Service

Throughout 2010 I'm helping raise money and awareness for a wonderful military family support organization: SALUTE, INC.

As an endurance athlete I've come to appreciate nothing more than the freedom to swim, bike and run -- for fun and fitness.

I can enjoy these activities because there are Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Guardsmen out in the world ensuring my, and your, freedom to do so.

This is my, and your, chance to say thank you. SALUTE, INC., passionately pursues meeting the financial, physical and emotional needs of the military service members, veterans and their families.


Please Click Here to Donate

Friday, January 15, 2010

It is alive.....

So I spent most of December working on my waistline. Expanding my waistline, that is. I took it easy, doing only a couple workout a week, if that much. I enjoyed Christmas with the family and we had a nice little getaway to northern Michigan.

What effort I did put in was directed to cementing in my 2010 race schedule, getting my training plans in place, and making sure I was on track for a great 2010.

Official 2010 training started this week.

Looking Back, my 2009 totals were: 108 miles in the pool, 2200 on the bike, and 550 running.

After much internal debate, and checkbook analysis, I decided against a fully coached season. However, my research into coaching has led me to discover a further wealth of information in people and places where I can get some friendly advice and useful information, tidbits, and direction.

Happy belated new year to all. To all a great 2010.

1 comment: