SALUTE, Inc. -- Honor The Service

Throughout 2010 I'm helping raise money and awareness for a wonderful military family support organization: SALUTE, INC.

As an endurance athlete I've come to appreciate nothing more than the freedom to swim, bike and run -- for fun and fitness.

I can enjoy these activities because there are Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Guardsmen out in the world ensuring my, and your, freedom to do so.

This is my, and your, chance to say thank you. SALUTE, INC., passionately pursues meeting the financial, physical and emotional needs of the military service members, veterans and their families.


Please Click Here to Donate

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

200 Days!!!!

200 Days to go!

That's what the countdown timer says. This is getting real. That is, it's going from conceptual, as in, I'm going to do an Ironman, to operational, as in, what do I need to do today, tomorrow, and the next day to make sure I'm at the starting line on top of my game come September 13th.

One of my b-day presents from Heidi was a DVD from Endurance Nation (http://www.endurancenation.us/) (or see them here: http://endurancenation.blogspot.com/), called the Four Keys to Ironman Execution. I was able to watch it over the weekend. Thanks Heidi. I can't wait to see you at the finish line.

Week 8 went mostly as planned. Here's the rundown:

Monday, 2/16: A rest day.

Tuesday, 2/17: More Turbo Sprints. My best session yet. I've picked up over 1 full average MPH since the first of the Turbo Sprints. Yeah Me.

Wednesday, 2/18: Lower Body & Core Strength training. Victoria and Cole helped with this workout. Thanks kids.

Thursday, 2/19: Swim workout, about 1850 yards.

Friday, 2/20: Upper Body & Core Strength training plus an easy 2 mile run.

Saturday, 2/20: A swim for time workout. 30 minutes and about 2100 yards. Not to bad. Then, 3 hours on the bike. This is where I got to watch the DVD.

Sunday 2/21: This was supposed to be an 8 mile trail run workout. Winter in Chicago did not cooperate, so I was on the treadmill. Heidi was competing in the "Hustle up the Hancock" stair climb in the John Hancock building -- 94 floors in just over a half-hour. WAY TO GO HEIDI! Victoria decided I should not be on the treadmill and should get her breakfast, go figure. So I had a very short 2 mile run on the treadmill.

Week 8 wrapped up the "Adaptation" phase of my training.
Here are my totals so far:
Swim: 13.7 miles
Bike: 275.1 miles
Run: 67.9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment