SALUTE, Inc. -- Honor The Service

Throughout 2010 I'm helping raise money and awareness for a wonderful military family support organization: SALUTE, INC.

As an endurance athlete I've come to appreciate nothing more than the freedom to swim, bike and run -- for fun and fitness.

I can enjoy these activities because there are Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Guardsmen out in the world ensuring my, and your, freedom to do so.

This is my, and your, chance to say thank you. SALUTE, INC., passionately pursues meeting the financial, physical and emotional needs of the military service members, veterans and their families.


Please Click Here to Donate

Friday, May 22, 2009

The Mythical Perfect Week

Last week I was able to put in the mythical perfect week: I got all my training in as planned. These weeks don't come too often, so I enjoy them when they do.

Monday, 5/11: A swim day, mostly sprints, 2550 yards.

Tuesday, 5/12: An off day.

Wednesday, 5/13: 45 miles on the bike.

Thursday, 5/14: Lower body and core strength training.

Friday, 5/15: Run Sprint Superset day, about 4 miles.

Saturday, 5/16: Swim day, 3200 yards.

Sunday, 5/17: Triple brick day -- 3 x (15 mile bike + 2 mile run).

It feels really good to get everything in. Yeah me.

Looking ahead to this weekend, Cole & Abby are particpating in the Multisports Madness Kids Triathlon in Geneva, Illinois. This will be Abby's first tri and Cole's second. Good luck kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment