SALUTE, Inc. -- Honor The Service

Throughout 2010 I'm helping raise money and awareness for a wonderful military family support organization: SALUTE, INC.

As an endurance athlete I've come to appreciate nothing more than the freedom to swim, bike and run -- for fun and fitness.

I can enjoy these activities because there are Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Guardsmen out in the world ensuring my, and your, freedom to do so.

This is my, and your, chance to say thank you. SALUTE, INC., passionately pursues meeting the financial, physical and emotional needs of the military service members, veterans and their families.


Please Click Here to Donate

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tick toc, tick toc. The countdown continues.

For some reason, the past week the race has seemed like it was looming immediately in front of me. A couple of deep breaths later, I talk myself out of complete panic (partial panic will do). Yes, I have the whole Summer to train. O.K. Vince -- breathe deep. Follow the plan.

Perhaps my nervousness was due to a less than stellar workout regiment this past week. I didn't get either of my long rides in. The thought that I missed something, that there is something I could have done, should have done, weighs on me. But that was last week. This is a new week Full speed ahead.

Here's what I did do ---

Mon., 5/4: Sprint swim workout, about 1900 yards.

Tues., 5/5: Bike trainer intervals and drills, about 10 miles.

Weds., 5/6: Sprint run "Superset" workout, about 4 miles. It was not so bad the second time around. Plus I saw the most purple sky sunrise I think I've ever seen. Makes getting up early soooo worth it!

Thurs., 5/7: Off Day

Fri., 5/8: Swim day, about 3200 yards.

Sat., 5/9: Bike workout, about 15 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment