SALUTE, Inc. -- Honor The Service

Throughout 2010 I'm helping raise money and awareness for a wonderful military family support organization: SALUTE, INC.

As an endurance athlete I've come to appreciate nothing more than the freedom to swim, bike and run -- for fun and fitness.

I can enjoy these activities because there are Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Guardsmen out in the world ensuring my, and your, freedom to do so.

This is my, and your, chance to say thank you. SALUTE, INC., passionately pursues meeting the financial, physical and emotional needs of the military service members, veterans and their families.


Please Click Here to Donate

Friday, July 10, 2009

Crazy Summer Weeks!

It's been a been a couple crazy weeks here. Last week, as we prepped for a family trip to Michigan to visit my folks and see their new lake house, I attempted to get all my training for the week (Week #27) squeezed into about 3 days. Ouch. Here's what it looked like.

Mon., 6/29: 1 hour of interval training on the bike.

Tues., 6/30: Morning 14 mile run. Evening 2 hours on the bike followed by a 5 mile run.

Weds., 7/1: 3500 yard swim.

Thurs., 7/2 - Sun., 7/5: Michigan trip. I ended up missing a long bike ride. My intention was to try to make it up this week.

On to this week, Week #28. This week, I was again trying to get my training in on the weekdays because Cole & Abby have a swim meet in South Bend, Indiana this weekend. Unfortunately, Cole came down sick this morning, so our trip is cancelled. Hopefully I can squeeze some additional training in over the weekend. My week thus far:

Mon., 7/6: Morning swim, about 2800 yards. An hour on the bike in the evening.

Tues., 7/7: About 90 minutes on the bike.

Weds., 7/8: 45 minutes on the bike and a short 4 miles running.

Thurs., 7/9: An unintended off day -- family goings on.

Fri., 7/10: 5000 yard swim.

As I said above, I will try to get some more training in this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment