SALUTE, Inc. -- Honor The Service

Throughout 2010 I'm helping raise money and awareness for a wonderful military family support organization: SALUTE, INC.

As an endurance athlete I've come to appreciate nothing more than the freedom to swim, bike and run -- for fun and fitness.

I can enjoy these activities because there are Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Guardsmen out in the world ensuring my, and your, freedom to do so.

This is my, and your, chance to say thank you. SALUTE, INC., passionately pursues meeting the financial, physical and emotional needs of the military service members, veterans and their families.


Please Click Here to Donate

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weekend Update

Without the travel to the swim meet, I was able to knock out several more hours of training this weekend. I think the family is getting quite tired of all these hours where Dad is off swimming, pedaling, or running. Saturday I put a couple hours into the bike. Sunday was a brick of 4+ hours on the bike, broken up by making a few fit tweaks to the D6. (I ended up swapping out the saddle that came with the D6 for my Profile TriStryke from the old bike -- my bony tush likes the cutout and the cushion.)

Following the bike was a comfortable 5 mile run. Cole and Abby joined me on my run. They rode bikes behind me while I ran. They stopped off to play on the playground while I ran a few laps around the park. They rejoined me for my last lap before we set off for home.

I'm sorry the kids missed their meet, but I'm glad I got more saddle time on the new bike.

PS. 60 days to go! Yeah! Worry worry worry. Yeah! Worry worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment