SALUTE, Inc. -- Honor The Service

Throughout 2010 I'm helping raise money and awareness for a wonderful military family support organization: SALUTE, INC.

As an endurance athlete I've come to appreciate nothing more than the freedom to swim, bike and run -- for fun and fitness.

I can enjoy these activities because there are Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Guardsmen out in the world ensuring my, and your, freedom to do so.

This is my, and your, chance to say thank you. SALUTE, INC., passionately pursues meeting the financial, physical and emotional needs of the military service members, veterans and their families.


Please Click Here to Donate

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

D6 it is!




Well, the new bike is on order. I decided on the Fuji D6. It's apparently on a SLOW boat from Taiwan. I should get it some time next month.


Week 11 was an O.K. week. Training during the week went well. The weekend got a little nutty and I missed some workouts. Also, my eating was not what it should have been, meaning too many calories. Here's what I did accomplish:


Mon, 3/9: Off Day


Tues, 3/10: Run ladder on the treadmill, about 5.6 miles.


Weds, 3/11: Hill climb ladder on the bike trainer, about 29 miles.


Thurs, 3/12: Short swim, with sprints, about 1300 yards.


Fri, 3/13: Supposed to be strength training -- missed workout.


Sat, 3/14: Hill climb ladder on the bike trainer, about 29 miles. I was supposed to run about 8 miles, but only ran about 1.5 miles due to a sick Victoria.


Sun, 3/15: Supposed to be a 2000 yard swim workout, but I never made it. We were rearranging the girls' rooms in preparation for painters to come this week.


On to week 12....

No comments:

Post a Comment